Monday, January 19, 2009

Inspiring

At a recent dinner party, I was asked my all time favorite book. It's almost impossible to hone in on just one, but I was able to come up with just the book. If you are a fan of adventure you won't be able to put this book down. Have I peaked your interest? The book is Endurance: Shackleton's Incredible Voyage by Alfred Lansing. As a pretty voracious reader, this book still inspires conversation. I became a bit of an Earnest Shackleton groupie (even though he's dead.) Creepy yes...but the story really is that good, and did I mention true? So a few years ago I happened to be in New York, and there inside the Natural History Museum was the small dingy that was the main transport for Shackleton and his men, The Caird. What timing, what karma. Maybe I shoulda' purchased a lottery ticket, I felt that lucky.

Maybe this dinner party conversation re ignited something, a re found interest and then today I found this recent project at the BBC website. If you are in between books at the moment, this will be a nice surprise.. Enjoy...and let me know what you think, since I never grow weary of this topic of discussion.

No comments: