Saturday, April 18, 2009

Feeling Lucky?


I am not one to play the lottery. Considering it a game for the mathematically challenged but with the announcement of a $5 donation, I rethought my bias on this one. Supporters enter a draw for several prizes including a day with the former US president Bill Clinton. As secretary of state, Mrs Clinton is banned from fund-raising but loyalists such as long-time Democratic strategist James Carville have stepped into the breach. I have decided to change my outlook on lottery chances- feeling lucky perhaps? The other prizes are tickets to the season finale of the hit talent show American Idol (boring...) and lunch in Washington with James Carville (could be fun) sounds as thought a pre-planned the day with Mr Clinton involves meeting him in New York and attending "several interesting events." I, of course have my own short list of fun things to do with Mr. Bill. Can you imagine how much fun one could have in a strip club with this chic magnet of a guy?? How about showing up at any event or concert- carte blanche seating and hob nobbing with who-know's-who.

Previous fundraising appeals have shrunk down the debt for Mrs.Clinton, she is still saddled with an I.O.U of $2.3m, which is owed to Mark Penn, a pollster and political strategist (whittled down from $25.2m .) The email that arrived today stated " Your contribution today not only gives you the chance at winning one of these fantastic prizes, it'll also help our dear friend, Hillary Clinton, pay off the very last of her campaign debt." Is it too soon to plan what to wear on my potential outing? I suppose sporting a blue dress may be out.

No comments: